Saturday, September 8, 2012

It's Hot as Blue Blazes!

and Fall is nearly here! However, my big ol' porch still looks like the tropics with my ginger plants in full bloom and the palms and lemon tree. And YES, we do have lemons on that tree! The flower bed we enlarged around the old pecan tree is full of impatiens, umbrella palms, elephant ears (green and black), and hydrangeas. The temperature is still WAY too high and the humidity, WOW!  Please hurry up Autumn!

Johnny (my husband) has been out of town since Thursday afternoon and I have been really busy - not painting which is what I wanted to do, but purchasing things to paint. I'm going to have a good time beginning on Monday morning, I hope. Let's just say I've got big plans in my head and I hope to be able to accomplish them. If so, The Curious Cottage should look really good by next weekend.

Meanwhile, I would like for you to see some new items at the shop!

This is a totally amazing doll! She was handmade and is jointed! The artist who made her, fashioned everything about her except her shoes and the feather in her hat! This would make a wonderful birthday or Christmas present for that special little girl in your family.

The two chairs pictured below are very old and very charming! They are genuine leather and are classic club chairs - definitely vintage. They have served us well here at our own curious cottage, Bibury. I bought them years ago at an estate sale in Atlanta, Ga. and it was love at first sight! 

 A great little chest I picked up today at my honey hole! It is in excellent condition and ready to be used. I think I priced it at $59.00. What a deal!



I want you to see the two pictures of ladies leaning against the other two pictures. Those are the covers of vintage magazines! They are ready to hang in a bedroom or anywhere and will add a nice touch to your home! 


 That clock that you see in the middle of this picture is an authentic reproduction of
 Mt. Vernon. It was an electric clock with a long white cord hanging out, but who wants a long cord hanging down their wall? Johnny installed a new clock mechanism that runs on batteries. Much better!


 I know this next  picture is hard to decipher, so I'll do it for you. The red box is just that (perfect for toys, tools, or whatever). It is open and then there is a wooden apple crate inside it. On top of the crate is a screen that holds candles. To the right is a white hanging flower holder. You may just have to come in and have a look-see.







This is a baker's rack which has some beautiful items on it.
Everything on this rack is 50% off!!!!




Please come in and visit The Curious Cottage! I'm sure you will find something you love! I have many more items which I did not picture in this blog - I didn't want to bore you completely! If you can come by my house and see what I'm working on, that would be good too! Hope to see you at one place or the other. bk