Monday, June 11, 2012

Summertime and the Living is Not Easy

It's gonna be a long, hot summer I'm afraid. Although the rains last week have certainly helped our garden. If all our tomato bushes produce, we will have enough tomatoes to make everybody in our community BLT's every day for a month. We've got squash, green beans, cucumbers, peppers, eggplant, corn, and I'm sure I'm leaving something out. We've got the most beautiful thornless blackberries you've ever laid eyes on. Huge! I'm talking bigger than thumb size and sooo sweet!

School is out and we had two grandchildren visit all last week, and this week we've got two more! That part of summer is easy. We love having them come for a visit.


Finally finished that table and chairs that I painted white and distressed. Took a little longer than I anticipated because we were out of town part of the time. But it turned out beautifully! We put it at The Curious Cottage last Saturday about noon and it SOLD about 5 hours later. Here's the picture.





We have an artist in the family and she hand painted some plates and matching bowls while she was in town last week. Aren't they adorable? She also painted the lettering on the black table they are sitting on.

I'm signing off for now. Promise I'll post more stuff later.